Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

We're here to provide the information, tools, and support for moms and caregivers like you. Whether you need a sympathetic ear, free and healthy food, or a referral to outside care and social services, we're proud to provide you with the tools you need to be the mom you want to be. As part of the WIC community, you can take advantage of any of the services we provide. Including:

Healthy Food
Food is only as good as the nutrients it provides. Through WIC, moms receive monthly benefits on an EBT card to buy healthy food.

Nutrition Education
We offer guidance on how to shop for healthy food, how to prepare it and how to entice children to eat it. We also offer free counseling with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) for clients at high nutritional risk.

Breastfeeding Support
We guide and educate moms to help them successfully achieve their breastfeeding goals. We also offer free counseling with an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).

  ...And a Community of Resources We can connect moms to additional resources, including healthcare professionals, immunization services, substance abuse counselors, domestic abuse counseling and social services.


Phone: (517) 887-4326
Fax: (517) 676-7278
Breastfeeding Help Line: (517) 887-4543
     Ingham County Health Department
     5303 S. Cedar St
     Lansing, MI  48909-7661
Room: 207
PO Box: 30161
ICHD WIC Information Mall Hours
      Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Non-Discrimination Statement / Aviso de No Discriminación

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Program Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) Email: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.