What is Nurse-Family Partnership?
Nurse-Family Partnership is a program for women who are having their first baby. If you enroll, a registered nurse will visit you in your home throughout pregnancy and continue to visit until your baby is 2 years old.
How much does the program cost?
Nurse-Family Partnership is FREE to all eligible women.
How often will my nurse visit?
Your nurse will visit every week or two during your pregnancy and until your baby is 2 years old. You and your nurse will decide the exact schedule.
My nurse will help me:
Can my baby's father participate, too?
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- Become a better parent.
- Build a strong network of support for me and my baby.
- Make my home a safe place for my baby to live and play.
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services available in my community.
- Find ways to continue my education and develop job skills.
- Set goals for my family's future and find ways to help me reach them.
- Nurse-Family Partnership encourages fathers, family members and even friends to be involved in the visits and learn how they can best support you.
- You and your nurse decide who gets involved.
- Because you are the one who carried the baby and you are the first person to take care of your baby, you are the one who is actually enrolled in the program and you are the main focus of the nurse.
Who can enroll in the program?
Any woman who:
You are encouraged to enroll as early as possible in your pregnancy.
- Is pregnant with her first child.
- Meets income requirements.
- Lives in the service area.
Maternal Child Health Home Visiting Referral Form
If you are aware of a pregnant or parenting woman or family who would benefit from support or services in the home, please download and complete a referral form (click here for form).
"My nurse helped me set goals and see that I could do so many other things. I could be there for my child and have my life as well"-Vanessa, 19 year-old mom