Who is eligible?
All pregnant women and/or infants under the age of 1 that are Medicaid eligible.
What is the cost to participate?
MIHP services are FREE for families with Medicaid.
What services are included in MIHP?
- Maternal and infant health assessment completed by registered nurse or licensed social worker
- Coordination of MIHP services with your health care provider and Medicaid Health Plan (who assist and supplement that care)
- A team of registered nurses, licensed social workers, and registered dietitians offer home or office visits to provide education and support based on the needs of your family
- Transportation services may be arranged
- Referrals are made to local community services (e.g., mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence, basic needs assistance) as needed
- Referral to local childbirth education or parenting classes
How to enroll for MIHP?
Enroll by calling the Maternal Child Health Division at (517) 887-4322 or by submitting a referral form.
Visit http://www.michigan.gov/mihp for more information about MIHP.