The Ingham County Health Department Office for Young Children (OYC) is part of the Great Start Central Resource Center.
Serving the following counties: Clare, Clinton, Eaton, Gladwin, Gratiot, Ingham, Ionia, Isabella, Midland, and Shiawassee. Click here
to view a map of the Great Start to Quality Resource Centers.
Our goal is to share many rich resources throughout the region and offer some new opportunities for you to participate in training experiences and lending library materials.
- You will find Training and Professional Development (Workforce Development) opportunities offered in a variety of ways; traditional classroom, correspondence, hybrid (classroom and correspondence), MOODLE Online and video learning.
- Great Start to Quality Self-Assessment Survey technical assistance
- Lending Library- toys/materials available for providers to borrow to enhance the learning experiences for children
- Director's Rap - Opportunity to network with other child care center administrators. Group meets monthly at area programs for networking and sharing. For information about upcoming dates and locations contact Mindy at 517-887-4695.
- Quality Connections - For family or group home owner or center staff. Group meets monthly to discuss topics that support Self Assessment Survey. Also an opportunity to network and share. For information about upcoming dates and locations go to www.greatstartconnect.org Click on Training tab.
Many of our trainings offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon completion approved by MSU.
On-site consultation services
A newsletter with current training schedule is published and distributed quarterly.
Referrals to community agencies for additional services for families and the children in your care
Listing for job opportunities in the early childhood education field
To register and see available training click on CONNECT logo below