Children's Special Health Care Services (CSHCS)
Let us know how we are doing by clicking here.
Go to our Facebook Page
517-887-4309 ofc 517-887-4551 fax
Family Phone Line 1-800-359-3722
Hours of Operations 8a-5p
Closed on County Holidays
CSHCS is a program within the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, serving each county, This program provides services for children and some adults, with chronic medical conditions and special health care needs and costs. CSHCS covers more than 2,700 medical diagnosis and conditions. Eligibility determination is made by CSHCS Physicians. For more information you may go directly to Michigan Department of Health and Human Services - Children's Special Health Care Services
As your Local Health Department we:
- Provide Community Based Services/Resources - schools, community mental health, childcare, Early On and Women Infants and Children (WIC) to help you care for your child at home and maintain normal routines.
- Provide Family-Centered Services to support you in your role as the primary caretaker of your child
- Supports Coordinated Services and managed care along with services of many providers within different agencies (includes a Plan of Care for each enrolled client)
Coordinate Services with your primary health insurance
- May qualify for mileage reimbursement to out of area medical providers, transportation, and lodging while child inpatient
- May qualify for assistance with wheelchair ramps, van lifts and/or tie downs, therapeutic tricycles and more
CSHCS provides services for a broad range of disorders and disabilities. If you think you or your child might qualify, or you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call or email using below information.
Laura Doss, RN, BSN (Program Coordinator)
Steve Cousineau, RN, BSN
Theresa Buycks, Benefits Representative
Nancy Sinnaeve, Benefits Representative
Vicki White, Parent Liaison