The Power of We Consortium AmeriCorps State program is looking for 10 individuals to join the team for Spring 2017!
AmeriCorps members are placed with organizations within Ingham county to increase food security and reduce chronic disease/obesity through nutrition/gardening education, gardening and food distribution. AmeriCorps members manage multiple activities during their service. Some of these actives include:
- Strengthening local organizations capacity to provide healthy food and lifestyles programming
- Engaging youth and adults in nutrition instruction through healthy cooking demos, food sampling, and preservation techniques.
- Providing garden and compost expertise to home and community gardeners
- Managing gardening programs that offer tools, supplies, plants, seeds, and connections to resources to residents
- Organizing gleaning programs which provide food pantries with fresh food.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Building an ethic of service through volunteerism and civic engagement.
- Making lifelong friendships!
Spring members serve March 20, 2017-August 25, 2017
Spring member benefits:
- 450 hour served, 10-20 hours/week
- Living stipend of $3,200 distributed bi-weekly
- Loan forbearance for qualified student loans
- Education award upon successful completion of $1,538.36
- Professional development training & support
- The opportunity to serve with a team of passionate leaders working towards food sovereignty
- Professional and personal growth
A detailed list of available positions can be found HERE
All interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to Power of We Consortium AmeriCorps Program Director, Andrea Villanueva at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24th at 5pm.