Our mission is to protect, improve, and advocate for the health and well-being of our community by identifying and advancing the conditions under which all people can achieve optimum health.
We do this through programs to prevent and control communicable diseases, programs to protect citizens from environmental hazards and several efforts and programs to link county residents to an organized system of health care. ICHD also conducts research to document the health status and health problems of the community and works with the community to develop strategies to improve health and well-being. The Health Officer is responsible to the Ingham County Board of Commissioners.
Excellence in health and well-being for all, honoring our diverse community.
- Health Equity & Social Justice: We improve the health of the entire community by working toward a fair and just distribution of the social opportunities needed to achieve well-being, challenging inequities and barriers to social, economic, and environmental opportunity.
- Respect for Others: We see the value of all people, and express this through respectful attention to their unique strengths and challenges.
- Service Excellence: We are here to serve people to the best of our ability, seeing beyond our own needs to meet theirs.
- Accountability: We are accountable for the quality, integrity and validity of our work.
- Continuous Mutual Learning: We are committed to learning through the experience and insight of others.
- Innovation: We seek new approaches and progressive solutions to problems, embracing change and accepting reasonable risk.
Ingham County Health Department, including the Ingham Community Health Centers, ensures that all members of our community are able to access health care services at the department without regard for an individual’s race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, height, weight, veteran status, national origin, age, familial status, marital status, limited English proficiency, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or ability to pay for services.
Notice of Privacy Practices